[rabbitmq-discuss] trying to figure out erlando

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Sat May 21 21:35:58 BST 2011

I'm digging through the blog post on Erlando and it seems there's some changes in Erlando recently w.r.t. the error monad. It seems to be called "error_t" now and looks like it works similarly to state_t. Is that correct?

At any rate, I'm still missing something because I can't seem to figure how to use this in the context of the erlang amqp client.

I'm basically trying to do a maybe on getting a channel so I don't have to do:

case amqp_connection:start(network, AMQPParams) of
  {ok, Conn} -> case amqp_connection:open_channel(AMQP) of
    {ok, Channel} -> % do some work
  end
end

and so on and so forth...