[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ management plugin - "No contexts installed"

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 17 10:04:29 BST 2011

Hi Dan.

On 17/05/2011 9:44AM, Dan B wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just started playing with RabbitMQ. I'm trying to get the
> management plugin up and running and I'm getting the cryptic message
> "Contexts available: No contexts installed".

That's because you have rabbitmq-mochiweb installed (which allows
multiple plugins to serve web contexts on the same socket) but do not
have any plugins installed that actually provide contexts.

> I got the following warnings when installing the plugins:
>
> C:\Code\Libraries\RabbitMq\Server\sbin>rabbitmq-server.bat start
> Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:bind_socket/2
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:start/0
> *WARNING* Undefined function fdsrv:stop/0
> *WARNING* Undefined function webmachine_resource:start_link/2
> 5 plugins activated:
> * amqp_client-2.4.1
> * mochiweb-1.3
> * rabbit_management_agent-2.4.1
> * rabbit_mochiweb-2.4.1
> * webmachine-1.7.0

And there's your problem. You have installed all of
rabbitmq-management's dependencies, but not the plugin itself.

(Those warnings are harmless BTW.)

Cheers, Simon