[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP 0.8 producers talking to AMQP 0.9.1 consumers: how dangerous is this idea?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Fri May 13 19:40:40 BST 2011

Hi,

I am facing a situation when (because of library versions I cannot yet upgrade), AMQP 0.8 producers need talking to AMQP 0.9.1 consumers. I tried 0.9.1 producer and 0.8 consumer so far (so, the opposite way) and messages are delivered as expected.

Is this a dangerous endeavor? Are there any known issues? All my apps need is what 0.8 spec has, no advanced features or RabbitMQ-specific extensions. Just publish messages here, process them there.

Thoughts? Thank you.
--
MK