[rabbitmq-discuss] Minor nit type bugs in the Management Plugin interface

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue May 3 11:02:09 BST 2011

Hi Gavin.

On 21/04/11 15:24, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Hey, these bugs are in no way a functional concern but figured would be
> worth pointing out.
>
> 1) > 8 digit #'s in the Overview boxes on the main management plugin ui
> page overflows the box.
> Screenshot: box-overflow.png

Bah. CSS. I will be drinking from this mug while looking at that:

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+css_is_awesome_large_mug,399749999

> 2) If stomp is listening on all of the nodes in a cluster, the Listening
> Ports section of the main page only lists the first node in the cluster
> as having that port open.
> Screenshot: listening-ports.png

I think you misattached this one, seems a duplicate of the
json-rpc-channel one. Anyway, that should definitely work, I'll try to
reproduce.

> 3) Conceptually in the same spirit, even though it's obvious since
> you're talking to it on 55672, but shouldn't the Listening Ports list
> 55672 too?

There's some code on a branch to fix this but it's dependent on some
pending changes to rabbitmq-mochiweb. Hopefully some day.

> 4) This is more of an internal thing with the plugin I believe, but when
> using the JSON-RPC-Channel Plugin, the channels are listed as
> "unknown:1". Ideally the json-rpc-channel plugin would present itself in
> the channel name as being a json-rpc-channel channel.
> Screenshot: json-rpc-channel.png
>
> 5) In relation to #4, if you click on a json-rpc-channel channel in the
> channels list it will kick back a 500 error on the page and not give you
> details on the channel.
> Screenshot: 500-error-json-rpc-channel.png

Yeah, all released versions of the mgmt plugin only really understand
AMQP connections. This is fixed on default, with the plugin correctly
showing STOMP, JSON-RPC and Erlang-direct connections.

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ