[rabbitmq-discuss] Unexpected server crash and .NET API: disconnect is not detected?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 31 11:26:34 BST 2011

Hi Alfonso,

I'm still not able to reproduce the problem you describe. As far as I
can see the subscription and the underlying connection are properly
disposed and the shutdown eventhandler is called if the connection is
interrupted.

As previously suggested, is it possible that some of your modifications
prevent the socket exception from affecting the Subscription? Are you
able to reproduce the problem without any modifications to the rabbit
library?

On 31/03/11 10:49, Alfonso wrote:
> One more thing regarding my previous message:
>
> 1. I disabled the newtwork connection from my development machine
> (RabbitMQ server is on another machine).
>
> 2. I've see that the connection is still in some way "alive" even if I

You can confirm whether the connection is alive by running "rabbitmqctl
list_connections" or "netstat".

Regards

Emile