[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster size limit

Alexis Richardson alexis at rabbitmq.com
Sun Mar 27 20:27:12 BST 2011

Advait

Interesting project!

However - RabbitMQ clustering is not designed as a way to create
pubsub overlays for the wide area.  Its primary goal is scalability of
one broker by adding nodes on the same LAN.  This is for, eg, cases
where the number of subscriptions (or "bindings") on the broker grows
beyond what one machine can physically cope with.

Now, this does not stop you wiring up 1,000s of RabbitMQ brokers.  But
using RabbitMQ clustering is the wrong way to do that.  Can you tell
us a bit more about the pubsub topology you want to study, please?
That may help us suggest the optimal way to solve your problem..

Also, can you explain why QoS studies require the study of 1,000s of
nodes?  Perhaps you mean 1,000s of clients?

alexis