[rabbitmq-discuss] Max Cluster Size?

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Thu Mar 17 17:26:49 GMT 2011

Is there a pre-established recommended or practical max-cluster size?

In a particular architecture discussion focused around event processing,
I am contemplating using a local RabbitMQ node per web server to capture
events locally. A small pool of consumers would then crunch the data
from across the cluster in as real-time of a basis as is possible. If I
went down this route, I'd be starting with a ~500 node cluster and would
size consumers to match message velocity and would need to be able to at
least double the cluster size.

The alternative is to use a much smaller cluster and use JSON-RPC
Channel plugin.

Thanks in advance,

Gavin