[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server init script

Alexandru Scvor??ov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 16 12:16:53 GMT 2011

Hi,

> just a note - the init script sets USER, but never uses the var
> anywhere in the script.

You're right about USER.  We don't use it anywhere.

> had a recurring issue with rabbitmq failing to
> start after a reboot (centOS). merely adding the following after all
> the vars are declared fixes the issue:
>
> chown -R $USER:$USER $INIT_LOG_DIR

That's interesting.  Did you add some code to run rabbitmq as non-root?

What is your INIT_LOG_DIR? (did you change it to a location that gets
wiped on restart?)

I see we don't automatically `mkdir $INIT_LOG_DIR` in the init script.
How are you creating it?

Cheers,
Alex