[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMq Installation

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 11 06:42:13 GMT 2011

Dhivya,

Dhivya Swaminathan wrote:
> [318467 at CEG318 RabbitMQ]$ sudo rpm -ivh rabbitmq-server-2.3.1-1.noarch.rpm
> warning: rabbitmq-server-2.3.1-1.noarch.rpm: Header V4 DSA signature:
> NOKEY, key ID 056e8e56
> error: Failed dependencies:
>     erlang >= R12B-3 is needed by rabbitmq-server-2.3.1-1.noarch
> [318467 at CEG318 RabbitMQ]$
>
> 1.Whether we need to provide any R12B-3 rpm files?
> 2.If so,Where is it available?
> 3.Orelse how this problem is solved using EPEL?

See the section on "RPM-based Linux" at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/server.html, in particular this bit:

<quote>
To enable EPEL on your Red Hat machine, see the EPEL FAQ
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#howtouse). Then just "yum
install erlang".
</quote>

Please also read the paragraph just below that, which explain how to get
hold of a more recent version of Erlang than what ships with EPEL.

Regards,

Matthias.