[rabbitmq-discuss] How to configure with Qpid client

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 4 10:13:24 GMT 2011

Hi Lahiru,

We ran did some compatibility testing with the QPid clients a while ago.
The results are documented here:
  http://www.rabbitmq.com/interoperability.html

All in all, the situation was pretty bleak: due to a few bugs in the
then-current QPid release, most QPid clients were unusable with the
rabbit broker.

That said, we do pass most of their Python client tests, so it should be
possible to inter-operate.  I see they've done a new release in the
meantime, so you could try it out, but I see that all the clients in the
new release are billed as AMQP 0-10 (RabbitMQ supports 0-8 and 0-9-1).

The RabbitMQ broker is a compliant 0-8 and 0-9-1 broker, so no
unusual configuration should be necessary.  Whether using it with a
QPid client will work or not is highly dependent on the version of QPid
used.

Hope this helps and please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Alex