[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ RoadMap

Abhishek Kona abhishek.kona at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:00:50 GMT 2011

On 02/03/11 8:15 PM, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Understood. A lot of our development is driven by user needs, so if
> there are things you think are missing then please let us know and we
> may adjust things as necessary. This flexibility is indeed one of the
> reasons why we don't have a firm published roadmap

On the same page, I am using RabbitMQ for communication between apps
right now and it's performance is awesome.

The features that I am missing currently for use in my future apps are :

    * Easier way to do Queue Replication (with messages). DRBD and
      heartbeat is not the solution I watn to use. It would be better to
      have an application level replication (similar to RabbitMQ
      clustering).
    * Messages reappearing in queue after No-ACKs in a set time out.
      (client should not be made to hold a connection (and channel) to
      do the same).
    * A better push model to push messages to clients (looking at Java).
      The current Consumer model I feel needs to improve for handling
      connection terminations.

Please let me know if any of these are being worked on currently or are
demands of other users.

PS: I do not care about the AMQP protocol much and want a message queue
engine more suited to my use case.  So this might be the cause of any of
my feature requests not in line with the specification(my ignorance,
please forgive).

-Thanks a ton.
Abhishek Kona