[rabbitmq-discuss] message via stomp adapter crashes queue

Christopher Rhodes christopher.rhodes at cloudkick.com
Fri Jun 10 14:54:26 BST 2011

Hello!

We're using v2.1.0 on Ubuntu 9.10 with the same versions of the stomp and
amqp adapter and stuck there because some issues our code has with a rewrite
of the stomp adapter that occurred some time soon after 2.1.0.

I'm pretty certain we're bumping into the bug reported here:
http://goo.gl/V4ww2

Last message from that thread:

"I have raised a bug for this problem.

As reported here Matthew feels that the *stomp* client is generating the
wrong form for the payload of a message, and the code verifies this
observation.

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 11:48:19PM +0000, Matthew Sackman wrote:
> Ok, so the message payload is being sent through as a list instead of as
> a binary. My guess without checking further is this is a bug in the
> *stomp* client in the way it constructs the messages which are then sent
> further into *Rabbit*, but this may not be the case.

The fix is to send it flattened, of course.

To validate this fix a small testcase is being constructed.

"

Any chance of a backport of the fix, please or workaround I might be able to
get in place?   :)

Thanks!

crr

Christopher.Rhodes at cloudkick.com