[rabbitmq-discuss] An easy cross-platform way to start RabbitMQ programatically?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 19:36:45 BST 2011

Hi,

I am adding some tests to the amqp gem test suite that deal with automatic
recovery from network & broker failures. Thanks to rabbitmqctl I can stop
and obtain pid of the broker easily, and killing it programmatically is
trivial, too. What I am not sure how to do is starting it again. Right now I
am
using a Homebrew/OS X-specific shell script and disabling these tests for
CI.

Looking at the Java client test suite doesn't yield me anything. Am I not
looking carefully enough or there is really no easy cross-platform way to
start RabbitMQ
programmatically?
--
MK