[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin issues

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 19 18:11:08 GMT 2011

Mark,

On 19/01/11 17:40, Mark J. Reed wrote:
> all came up in their proper clusters.
>
> dev1: stats db on dev1
>
> refq1 and refq2: stats db on refq1
>
> prod3q1, prod3q2, prods1q1, and prods1q2: stats db on prod3q1
>
> However, then I got these messages on prods1q1:
>
> =WARNING REPORT==== 19-Jan-2011::12:18:16 ===
> global: rabbit at prods1q1 failed to connect to rabbit at dev1
>
> =WARNING REPORT==== 19-Jan-2011::12:18:16 ===
> global: rabbit at prods1q1 failed to connect to rabbit at refq1
 >
> [...]
> I don't know where the crosstalk is coming from.

I am pretty sure you are the first person trying to run multiple
independent rabbit clusters on the same machine.

To do that you'll probably have to change some settings for each of the
clusters. See http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/epmd.html

ERL_EPMD_PORT
This environment variable can contain the port number epmd will use. The
default port will work fine in most cases. A different port can be
specified to allow several instances of epmd, representing independent
clusters of nodes, to co-exist on the same host. All nodes in a cluster
must use the same epmd port number.

Giving each cluster a different erlang cookie might be sufficient too,
though I haven't tried that.

Regards,

Matthias.