[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin issues

Mark J. Reed markjreed at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:40:08 GMT 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 6:54 AM, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
>> First, I have several independent rabbitmq clusters, but they all seem
>> to wind up reporting back to the same stats database.  I assume this
>> is some Erlang network service advertising feature, but I'd much
>> rather have each cluster use its own separate stats db.  How can I
>> force that?
>
> Gosh, that's quite unexpected (and almost certainly the source of your
> second problem). How are these clusters set up? Do nodes from any two
> clusters end up on the same machine?

No.

The clusters are set up via /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.config files
listing the hosts that belong in a cluster together.  There are three
different clusters.  Well, one is a "cluster" of one node on one host,
but regardless.  I've verified that the config files are correct; the
nodes have all been reset (actually, the mnesia directory deleted and
rabbitmq-server package purged and reinstalled).

They all came up in their proper clusters.

dev1: stats db on dev1

refq1 and refq2: stats db on refq1

prod3q1, prod3q2, prods1q1, and prods1q2: stats db on prod3q1

However, then I got these messages on prods1q1:

=WARNING REPORT==== 19-Jan-2011::12:18:16 ===
global: rabbit at prods1q1 failed to connect to rabbit at dev1

=WARNING REPORT==== 19-Jan-2011::12:18:16 ===
global: rabbit at prods1q1 failed to connect to rabbit at refq1

=INFO REPORT==== 19-Jan-2011::12:18:32 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: stopped
    type: permanent

I tried restarting s1q1 but it hung on "starting management statistics
database".  After 5 minutes I killed the start process,  nuked the
mnesia directory and tried again.  It came up fine. But now the prod
cluster is using the dev box as its statistics database.

So I don't know where the crosstalk is coming from.

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed at gmail.com>