[rabbitmq-discuss] Is there any mature C/C++ client for rabbitmq?

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jan 13 11:33:39 GMT 2011

Hi,

techabc <techabc at gmail.com> writes:
> according the official web, the lib is still EXPERIMENTAL, not MATURE!

In scary caps, no less.

librabbitmq is widely used, and you can search this mailing list for
problem reports.  If you don't want to use it because the web site does
not yet describe it as mature, you don't have to.

> I download codegen(http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-codegen<http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-codegen/summary>),
> config well python and simplejson, but got error below:
>
> PYTHONPATH=../codegen python ./codegen.py header
> ../codegen/amqp-rabbitmq-0.9.1.
> json amqp_framing.h
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./codegen.py", line 636, in <module>
>     do_main(generateHrl, generateErl)
>   File "d:\lib.rabbitmq\rabbitmq-c-16e2faae8a2f\codegen\amqp_codegen.py",
> line 2
> 63, in do_main
>     do_main_dict({"header": header_fn, "body": body_fn})
>   File "d:\lib.rabbitmq\rabbitmq-c-16e2faae8a2f\codegen\amqp_codegen.py",
> line 2
> 98, in do_main_dict
>     execute(funcDict[function], sources, dest)
>   File "d:\lib.rabbitmq\rabbitmq-c-16e2faae8a2f\codegen\amqp_codegen.py",
> line 2
> 79, in execute
>     remove(out_file)
> WindowsError: [Error 32] : 'amqp_framing.h'

Unfortunately, this output doesn't help to understand what the real
problem is.  I've improved the error reporting in rabbitmq-codegen.
Could you pull rabbitmq-codegen and try again?

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ