[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.0 broker crashes

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 12 11:32:20 GMT 2011

Hi Gustavo,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 04:07:42PM -0800, gus27 wrote:
> Today our broker crashed with the following error:
> ** Reason for termination ==
> ** {{badmatch,{error,eacces}},
>     [{rabbit_msg_store,delete_file,2},
>      {rabbit_msg_store_gc,attempt_action,3},
>      {rabbit_msg_store_gc,handle_cast,2},
>      {gen_server2,handle_msg,2},
>      {proc_lib,wake_up,3}]}
>
> At the time of the crash, one of our modules was quickly consuming 50.000
> messages aprox from one of the broker's queues. Does this mean we are
> experimenting the same problem reported above?

Yes, it's the same problem. We have worked out how to solve it, but the
work is yet to be done. Given the number of people this is currently
affecting, I would hope this will get fixed fairly promptly now we're
all back from Christmas and we've worked out how to solve it. Especially
seeing as the only real work around at the moment is to not use Windows.

Matthew