[rabbitmq-discuss] Access Refused

Ari King ari.brandeis.king at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 05:51:12 GMT 2011

Hi,

Whenever my application attempts to connect to the RabbitMQ server
access is denied because of invalid credentials (see below).

None of the default configurations have been changed. Does anyone know
what could be wrong?

On the client I've specified the: host (by IP), virtualhost ("/"),
username ("guest") and password ("guest")

I haven't set the RABBITMQ_NODE_IP_ADDRESS; should I set it to the
RabbitMQ server's IP address?

=ERROR REPORT==== 17-Dec-2011::23:00:03 ===
exception on TCP connection <0.320.0> from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx
{channel0_error,starting,
                {amqp_error,access_refused,
                            "PLAIN login refused: user 'guest' -
invalid credentials",