[rabbitmq-discuss] using client from different threads

Steve Powell steve at rabbitmq.com
Thu Dec 8 11:44:07 GMT 2011

Dear John,

On 5 Dec 2011, at 18:15, john doe wrote:
> In my implementation, this criteria is simply an "expected number of
> . . .
> This looks a little weird, but it allows me not to manage future and
> completion services in the sender.

And I agree; it is weird.  [One point: your caller has to know how many
'shards' there are, and also presumes they all respond properly.]

>> what criteria you use for deciding you've had enough replies
>> and how to 'package' them up as a single response to the original request is
>> very application-specific, I think.

And so it proves.  I can't see us supporting this sort of protocol out of the
box; you should have no difficulty in adding your particular behaviour upon
the primitive RPC, though (once we have enhanced it a bit).

Steve Powell  (a happy bunny)
----------some more definitions from the SPD----------
avoirdupois (phr.) 'Would you like peas with that?'
distribute (v.) To denigrate an award ceremony.
definite (phr.) 'It's hard of hearing, I think.'
modest (n.) The most mod.