[rabbitmq-discuss] Management Plugin stops gathering stats ?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 23 10:11:53 BST 2011

On 22/08/11 18:31, Rene Parra wrote:
> Hi everyone...

Hi Rene!

> My question is: Is there some upper threshold in the management plugin
> that I need to set to continue gathering statistics throughout my test ?
> This feels like a classic “invisible threshold being hit somewhere” problem.

No, this should just work. The mgmt plugin should never stop gathering
statistics. Weird.

 > Would the mgmt-plugin reporting a false stat of “~0 TPS” result in
 > rabbit ***_not throttling_*** when it exceeds the high watermark for
memory?

It shouldn't - mgmt is not involved with throttling, it's just reporting
what Rabbit is doing. However, the fact that the memory alarm has not
gone off at this point is also weird, and when two weird things happen
at once we have to wonder if they're related. They both look related to
gen_event too. Hmm.

Do you still have the logs from this run? Could you send them / upload
them somewhere?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen