[rabbitmq-discuss] java.io.IOException because of Parameters

Dave Syer david_syer at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:41:21 BST 2011

On Aug 9, 8:45 pm, "Brian ." <rutherford... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. But I do not have any duplicate queues. I deleted all
> of the queues and started again. Also thought it might be an issue with the
> web interface not deleting correctly so I uninstalled the instance and
> reinstalled. When I start from a fresh queue the error still persists. I add
> no parameters, just make it durable and save (basically the web interface
> defaults). Does the java amqp client require some parameters? Are the web
> interface defaults not correct? Any help would be appreciated.

I didn't say you had a duplicate queue.  You have two declarations of
the same queue with conflicting parameters.  From what you said, it
looks like one declaration is done by you manually in "the web
interface" (I don't know what that is), and the other is possibly done
by Spring AMQP via RabbitAdmin (I'm guessing here too).  You should
probably just pick one of those and stick to it, but if you want them
both to work you have to just use the same parameters in your Spring
config as you did for the manual declaration (probably only you know
what they are).  Assuming I am right: to switch off the Spring auto-
declaration, you need to set auto-startup=false on the RabbitAdmin; to
switch off the other declaration you just have to not do it.