[rabbitmq-discuss] Cluster, shovel, how to accomplish this scenario?

Simone simone.busoli at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:19:26 BST 2011

Hello, I am new to RabbitMQ so please forgive me if this obvious. I have a
question about something I cannot understand clearly from the documentation.
Specifically I am not sure whether it is clustering, shovel or something
different that I am looking for.

I need to have two instances of the server located in two different and
distant places connected by a network link with limited bandwidth. Clients
need to be able to connect to their nearest instance only and to communicate
with clients connected to the other server instance using the least
bandwidth possible. Is this accomplished using clustering, shovel or do they
have a different purpose? In any case, how would I set-up the infrastructure
described above?

Thanks