[rabbitmq-discuss] Non-supported arguments in Queue.Declare

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Apr 15 16:54:34 BST 2011

On 15/04/11 16:51, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> On Friday, April 15, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Simon MacMullen wrote:
>> What don't you like about it? :) It does wrap a bit much in the listings
>> I suppose.
> Is good on the queue detail page... Adds a bit of vertical overhead on
> one of our brokers with lots of queues on the /mgmt/#/queues page. Was
> going to just hide it with some CSS.

Hmm, maybe it could collapse some more.

>>> Also, Is there a way to update arguments without deleting/redefining the
>>> queue?
>> No, afraid not.
> Figured but it couldn't hurt to ask. Is there a simple way to hack that
> in, modifying internal data, that other than being bad practice, would
> otherwise not cause an issue (since they're ignored by broker?). Not
> asking for a feature, just a point in the right direction if it's not a
> terrible way to go about things.

I think you should be able to just change the Mnesia table directly.
(Although I haven't tested that!) Look at rabbit_queue and
rabbit_durable_queue (the first one contains all queues, the second only
durable ones, you probably want to modify both).

Cheers, Simon
--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ