[rabbitmq-discuss] Non-supported arguments in Queue.Declare

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Fri Apr 15 16:51:09 BST 2011

On Friday, April 15, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Simon MacMullen wrote:
> On 15/04/11 15:44, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
>
> No. Arguments that are not recognised are ignored.
Great :)
> For the record, unrecognised arguments do not count towards exchange
> equivalence, so if you issue two otherwise identical queue.declares with
> arguments:
>
> Of course, you may not care about this.
Good to note, shouldn't impact my use case.
> What don't you like about it? :) It does wrap a bit much in the listings
> I suppose.
Is good on the queue detail page... Adds a bit of vertical overhead on one of our brokers with lots of queues on the /mgmt/#/queues page. Was going to just hide it with some CSS.
> > Also, Is there a way to update arguments without deleting/redefining the
> > queue?
> No, afraid not.
Figured but it couldn't hurt to ask. Is there a simple way to hack that in, modifying internal data, that other than being bad practice, would otherwise not cause an issue (since they're ignored by broker?). Not asking for a feature, just a point in the right direction if it's not a terrible way to go about things.

Thanks,

Gavin