[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ client VB6

Steven Taylor taylste at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:28:27 BST 2011

I think you can iron most issues out of it out... but COM needs some
insightful desktop support types, because otherwise the burden for edge
cases will probably fall on you (+ hope there aren't any sysadmins looking
for their next power-trip).

The skillset / awareness that used to exist isn't there as much anymore.  If
you are doing people a favour, make sure that they know it + emphasise that
COM probably isn't a priority for MS anymore, but that it is okay for the
minute.  i.e. good for a proof of concept, and maybe a little more.
Sometimes there are people you'll go out on a limb for... you know how it
is.

If you think lots of people *might* want it, make sure you have buy-in from
your local friendly sys types.

-Steven