[rabbitmq-discuss] access control help

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Apr 6 17:59:27 BST 2011

On 05/04/11 04:34, Cha wrote:
> I'm a newbie using rabbitmq. We currently have one durable exchange, how
> can we limit users to remove/delete the exchange? If we don't give the
> 'configure' permission to our users, they can't even access the exchange
> based on my testing. Seems like the exchangeDeclarePassive and
> exchangeDeclare will both fail.

You don't need to declare the exchange to access it.

> What I need is only give users read permission on a queue.

In that case, giving them configure: '', write: '', read: '.*'
permissions should work, as long as the queue and exchange have been
declared and bound beforehand - they should be able to consume, get and
purge the queue, and that's it.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen