[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue with RabbitMQ 2.4 management plugin and mochiweb 1.4.1 rpm on RHEL

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:12:03 BST 2011

I have an RHEL5.6 Server and I installed rabbitmq 2.4.0 today.
When trying to enable the management plugin, I got the following

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
ERROR: generation of boot script file /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/
rabbit at ovl-db03-plugins-expand/rabbit.script failed:

It seems I have erlang-mochiweb 1.4.1 installed (it is required as
dependency for another application), but the management plugin depends
on the mochiweb 1.3 (as far as I can tell from unzipping the
mochiweb-2.4.0.ez and looking at the mochiweb.app file).

Am I correct to understand that rabbitmq (incorrectly) tries to use
the installed erlang-mochiweb 1.4.1 rpm instead of the plugin

Any idea how I can solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen Janssen