[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ be configured to guarantee delivery to Queue

Alvaro Videla videlalvaro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 21:40:54 BST 2011

Hi,

As long as you declared the queue durable, the messages should arrive there, even if there's no consumer getting messages from that queue, that is: a consumer connected to the server that issued a 'basic.consume' command.

But… if you publish your messages using the 'immediate' flag, then the server will route the message if there's a consumer attached to said queue. See here for more details: http://www.rabbitmq.com/amqp-0-9-1-reference.html#basic.publish.immediate

Regarding the second question I don't understand it quite well.

Cheers,

Alvaro