[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ refuses to start , instead crash

Marek Majkowski majek04 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:00:26 BST 2010

Chandra,

Right in the top of your erl_crash.dump there is an reason of the death:
Slogan: eheap_alloc: Cannot allocate 583848200 bytes of memory (of type "heap").

In future, please send us not only erl_crash.dump but also rabbit.log
and rabbit-sasl.log.

The error means that for some reason RabbitMQ was not able to allocate
 556 megs of RAM.
Do you know why it needs so much memory? Do you have a lot of data in
mnesia directory,
a large number of queues or something like that?

Further, we encourage to run Rabbit on 64 bit operating systems. Even
if you'll give
3.5 GB memory for windows VM, rabbit won't be able to use it on 32 bit system!

Cheers,
  Marek