[rabbitmq-discuss] erl.exe crash

Steven Taylor taylste at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 16:51:45 BST 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to RabbitMQ. I just decided to throw 1 million messages at a
RabbitMQ server using RabbitMQ.Client.Examples.PerfTest. The server is an
old 3.2 GHz 2 Core; 32 bit XP OS; 4 GB RAM. Nothing special. 100K messages
worked fine, 1 M messages crashed. The page file didn't fill up, so it
doesn't look like a resources issue.

I'm just finding my way around. Are there any monitoring type stats or
dashboards available so that I can watch what might be going on in the
queue?

Are there any rules of thumb for how powerful the RabbitMQ box should be?

This isn't an extreme messaging requirement, and I can throttle if needs be,
but I do need to get a feel for where things stand moving forward + how much
confidence I can have.

thanks,
-Steven