[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq - "Protocol: ~p: register error: ~p~n"

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Wed Sep 29 15:51:11 BST 2010

Hi Félix,

Félix Delval <felix at ravelsoft.com> writes:
> I am trying to get rabbitmq-server running, but I seem to have some issues. I am running Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS.
>
> When launching the rabbitmg-server through it's init.d script i get these errors in the log files:
>
> [...]
>
> I have checked that there is no other running entities of the server.

This error does usually indicate that rabbitmq-server is already running
(more precisely, it means that another Erlang node with the same name is
already running).  Are you sure that there are no other running
instances?  Check the output of "ps ax" for "beam" processes.

If you are absolutely sure it is not running, kill the epmd process, and
then try starting it again.

David

--
David Wragg