[rabbitmq-discuss] request for help!

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 09:55:07 BST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Alexis Richardson <alexis at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As part of an ongoing drive to "be more open" as well as to "get to
> 1.0" the AMQP Working Group has published the 1-0 PR3 draft on the
> webs for Public Comment:
> http://www.amqp.org/confluence/download/attachments/2523279/amqp_1-0_PR3.pdf
>
> I would be thrilled if the whole community could take a look at this.
>
> Please:
>
> - Be quick!  We need comments asap.

Well, this would hardly count as quick but here are some questions:

1)
Chapter 3 on Composite types in Book II Data types, on page 27 states:
"Compound types are formally defined in XML documents included with
specification."

Where are those XML documents located? I have found some in sample
Python broker, and I guess some of the xml sources used to build the
spec document could be used to extract that information, but I guess
they should be really packaged together with the spec.

More importantly, the format that is used to formally describe types
is not specified at all (or I have managed to miss it :) ). While
format does seem somehow natural, and recently added FAQ section on
the web site does address some of the issues, it definitely needs to
be described what each xml node and every possible attribute means,
and how do they interact. Without that whole type system seems to be
hanging in the air.  (again my apologizes if such definitions exists
and I have missed them)

2) Is there some kind of forum, or additional resources that potential
implementor of amqp related software might use? I have signed the
reviewer license, and received congrats on that, but I do not see it
offers any additional information that I could use, even not the
suggest way to send comments in and to whom to address them.

Many thanks!

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/