[rabbitmq-discuss] Management plugin preview release

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 7 17:38:13 BST 2010

On 07/09/10 17:28, Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> Hey Simon,
>
> Actually installed this yesterday from hg. It's phenomenal. Exactly
> what we've needed from day one. It looks pretty stable from my
> testing, any known gotchas that should keep it out of production?

Thanks :)

The two big concerns are the ones listed in the blog: it will slow your
server down a few percentage points, and anyone who can log in can
modify their own permissions. Obviously I'll be fixing those, and I
suspect many people won't care, but those are the two biggies in my mind.

It's only had desk testing, but the supervision hierarchy should be
right, so if it dies it shouldn't take Rabbit down with it.

Cheers, Simon