[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitutil.js - rabbitmqctl sibling in JavaScript w/ RabbitMQ Java & Mozi

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Sep 7 10:00:57 BST 2010

On 06/09/10 21:05, Alexis Richardson wrote:
> In terms of protocol support in the Java client: noted.  Also noted
> are your comments about shipping this.  We can certainly link to it
> from the Getting Started page - would that be a good start?  A reason
> for my hesitation is that management is undergoing a General Rethink
> (http://downagain.com/blog/2010/09/06/wherein-our-hero-isnt-happy-with-work/).

Umm, are you sure that's the link you intended to post? ;)

>   The person who is leading this effort is Simon, cc'd.
>
> Simon - any thoughts?

I don't think we can ship this script per se. Adding a dependency on
Javascript (and on Java for sysadmin work) seems a bit heavyweight to me.

However: the management plugin will add support for a lot of this sort
of thing. At the moment there's no command line client for it, but you
could write a simple one with bash and curl, or in almost any language.
A nice command line client is on my TODO list, albeit not near the top.
Funnily enough I was having an argument yesterday about the value of
such a thing ;)

Also at the moment the management plugin won't let you publish or get
messages. That's also on the TODO list in some form.

I'm planning on making a preview release of the management plugin later
today, at which point things may start to become clearer...

Cheers, Simon