[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Backup

Robert Raschke rtrlists at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 27 16:19:35 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Amr Mostafa <amr.mostafa at egyptdc.com>wrote:

> Unfortunately, I couldn't find any ready-to-use tools that abstract the
> mnesia routines described in the document above, making them accessible to
> the average system administrator.

As already mentioned backing up mnesia isn't the whole story.

But the mnesia:backup/1,2 and mnesia:restore/2 functions can take a simple
filename as their first parameter and do exactly what you expect for backing
up and restoring the same DB on the same Node (for moving stuff around, a
bit more effort is required). The documentation could be a little bit more
obvious on that, I guess.

Also have a look at the bup.erl in the mnesia examples folder for some of
the more complicated scenarios.

Robby