[rabbitmq-discuss] Release of HA + Pacemaker guide

Alexandru Scvorţov alexandru at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 26 00:51:12 BST 2010

Hello Byron,

>  and had some questions about the HA guide. I don't really know pacemaker

The RabbitMQ ocf script is packaging/common/rabbitmq-server.ocf:
  http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/default/packaging/common/rabbitmq-server.ocf

That file has all the RabbitMQ-specific Pacemaker/Corosync
configuration.

> how/if this configuration is checking if rabbit app is alive or just if the server is alive?  Is it doing any functional test?

The script uses rabbitmqctl to check the node's status.  So, any problem
detected by rabbitmqctl should be picked up by Pacemaker.

> And on a different but related note would NFS or OCFS2 work for the file system that rabbit is using?

Yes.

> What would happen if multiple rabbits were accessing the files at the same time?

Bad things.  Probably a corrupted mnesia database.

Cheers,
Alex