[rabbitmq-discuss] AMPQ PHP Extensions on Ubuntu 10.04

David Wragg david at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 25 14:35:16 BST 2010

Hi Charl,

Charl van Niekerk <charlvn at charlvn.com> writes:
> I recently installed the rabbitmq-server package on Ubuntu 10.04 and
> am now trying to get one of the available PHP extensions installed and
> configured. I seem to be hitting compilation errors though.
>
> Firstly, I tried to install the amqp-0.1.1 package directly from PECL:
>
> http://pecl.php.net/package/amqp
> http://pastebin.com/S8EDmPF1

Looks like this one might not be happy that librabbitmq is installed under
/usr/local?

> Then I tried php-amqp 0.0.7:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/php-amqp/
> http://pastebin.com/PDptCs64
>
> And afterwards php-rabbit:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/php-rabbit/
> http://pastebin.com/5hTCR1HG

These errors appear to be due to the extension code targeting an older
version of rabbitmq-c than what's currently in default.  rabbitmq-c is
still maturing, and sometimes we make changes to its API.  At this
point, code using librabbitmq should probably document the revision ID
of rabbitmq-c it is known to work against.

It would be good to bring those extensions up to date to work against
the current librabbitmq.  I'd be happy to help by reviewing the code for
one of the projects, if someone can tell me which project I should
review.

David

--
David Wragg