[rabbitmq-discuss] Guaranteed delivery

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Oct 12 10:25:14 BST 2010

On 12/10/10 10:19, Bruno Thomas wrote:
> To be more specific, is there a mecanism in the java client publish
> API (before the message is sent to the bus)  that insures that the
> message will be delivered (or a callback called when the bus send an
> IOException), or do we have to implement this process ?

At the moment the only way you can guarantee that a publish has gone
through is to publish inside a transaction - when the transaction commit
completes the message is on disk (assuming durable queue / persistent
message). This is a little heavyweight though. In the future we intend
to introduce streaming publisher acks to do the same job in a more async
way.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen