[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable exclusive queues

Brennan Sellner bsellner at seegrid.com
Mon Oct 11 18:35:31 BST 2010

Hi all,

Does anyone have a preferred mechanism for creating what amounts to a
durable, exclusive queue?  We need durable queues, and want to ensure
that only one client subscribes to each queue at a time.  I'm not seeing
an AMQP way to do this, since exclusive and durable are mutually
exclusive: am I missing something?

Alternatively, I could hack around this if there were a way to retrieve
the number of clients subscribed to a given queue, but again I haven't
been able to find any way to get that information.

We're using Rabbit 2.1.0, with txAMQP 0.3.

Thanks,

-Brennan