[rabbitmq-discuss] access control

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Nov 30 10:58:56 GMT 2010

On 30/11/10 10:30, mixtli wrote:
> I suppose I can shell out to the command line, though my broker lives
> on another server, so I'd have to ssh.  I saw something about a
> management console with an api.   Is that the recommended way to do
> what I need?

Pretty much. Install the management plugin from
http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html, browse to
http://server-name:55672/api/ for API documentation - mirrored at
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v2_1_1/priv/www-api/help.html

> Am I thinking about my model wrong?   I'm new to message queues.

This seems reasonable. It's possible that if you would be happy with
anyone being able to publish to your queues but only their owners being
able to read from them you could forget about the permissions  system
and just have the queues declared exclusive - but that doesn't sound
like a great fit so the permissions route is probably correct.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ