[rabbitmq-discuss] SOAP over RabbitMQ

Mark Pollack mpollack at vmware.com
Thu Nov 18 18:44:11 GMT 2010

Hi,

I went down the whole contract first approach as well (that is one of the main features in Spring Web Services!) but interop didn't work out of the box with TIBCO WCF client over JMS and Spring Web Services.  I was able to use a hacked together ActiveMQ NMS based WCF implementation to get it to work.  While contract first helps of course, in particular in terms of payload data interop, there is more to it than that.  I think in my case the WCF implementation wasn't looking in the 'right' spot for the return destination - yea - something really basic like that.

You can go down the AXIS or Spring Web services route since they both support SOAP over JMS.  I'm sure one can get it to work either way and in particular make it fit to whatever the detailed expectations are of the WCF RabbitMQ library.  For example, what is its expected format to specify the return reply-to exchange?  Next step would be to see if this java implementation would then work against the QPID WCF library?  That is my point of where it starts to get sticky - around mixing and matching different web service frameworks out of the box.  I'd be interested to know for sure, but as it is not well travel territory expect some bumps.

Mark