[rabbitmq-discuss] Running rabbitmq client on visual studio 2005

Vincent Cheong vincentcheongst at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 10:10:19 GMT 2010

Hi David,

I did not get install mingw using the install script. It is a pretty up to
date version (libs and compilers) that I have been using all along. I've
checked my PATH there's only one mingw/bin.

The libtool printouts are as follow:

Vincent Chong at VincentCheong ~
$ which libtool
/mingw/bin/libtool

Vincent Chong at VincentCheong ~
$ libtool --version
libtool (GNU libtool 1.3260 2010-09-02) 2.2.11a
Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <gord at gnu.ai.mit.edu>, 1996

I've been looking at error statement again.
cl : Command line error D8021 : invalid numeric argument '/Wl,-DLL'
the cl command seems to be expecting a numeral after /W. Could the cl option
be /W1 or /WL instead or /Wl?

Thanks for taking the time to help

Cheers,
Vincent