[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crashed again

Ian Ragsdale ian.ragsdale at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 17:09:14 BST 2010

Hello all, I'm trying to track down the cause of another RabbitMQ crash that happened to me last night.  The server was clearly no longer working correctly (my consumers stopped receiving messages) but the main producer seemed to be able to continue to publish messages.  On a dev machine I started the producer and then stopped the server entirely, and it stopped producing as expected, but the live producer seemed to think the server was still working, and happily published messages to the broken rabbitmq instance, which is extremely troubling.

This does not seem to be caused by the same issue that caused my previous crash (hitting channel limits) - the crash log is different, but still has a reference to a system limit being reached.  RabbitMQ seems very stable for others, so I'm guessing there's some issue in my code base causing this.  Since I disabled the code that was causing all the extra channels to be created, I'm at a bit of a loss trying to understand what is causing these crashes and how I can prevent them - this is starting to become a huge problem.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: rabbit-crash.log
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 12002 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/attachments/20100331/e3394cf1/attachment.obj 

More information about the rabbitmq-discuss mailing list