[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-server in macports with erlang R14A

Mark Aufflick mark-erlang at aufflick.com
Tue Jun 29 00:53:43 BST 2010

Thanks David,

FWIW, I personally use MacPorts to install the dependencies for erlang
then install erlang and rabbitmq manually in a custom location. A
cheats way to get all erlang dependencies installed with a minimum of
pain is:

sudo port install erlang
sudo port uninstall erlang

This will leave all the dependencies installed, but remove erlang R14
itself to avoid confusion.

Mark.

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:04 AM, David Wragg <david at rabbitmq.com> wrote:
> Because macports has switched to erlang R14A, it is impossible to build
> any released version of rabbitmq-server (including 1.7.2, which is in
> the central macports repository, or 1.8.0, which is in the rabbitmq
> ports repository).
>
> To provide a temporary solution for this problem, I have added a patch
> to the rabbitmq-server port in our rabbitmq.com macports repository so
> that it will build with Erlang R14A.  Follow the instructions at
> <http://www.rabbitmq.com/macports.html> to use it.
>
> Note that this build issue is not the only problem introduced by R14A,
> though it is certainly the most significant.  I recommend that
> rabbitmq-server users stick to the R13B releases until R14B is ready.
> But macports users don't really have a choice at the moment.
>
> David
>
> --
> David Wragg
> Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
> SpringSource, a division of VMware

Mark Aufflick
 contact info at http://pumptheory.com/about

 http://pumptheory.com
 iPhone and Enterprise software development