[rabbitmq-discuss] resources for designing messaging systems

Alexis Richardson alexis at rabbitmq.com
Sat Jun 19 16:45:14 BST 2010

Shane

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Shane <shane at digitalsanctum.com> wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> No one on my team is familiar with Python (we're a Ruby/Java shop), so
> Celery doesn't seem like a good fit.

You could try using its HTTP interface..

> Since I initially asked the
> question, I've found some additional resources that have helped me
> including the "Enterprise Integration Patterns" book and the examples
> in the Java client library. The book does a good job of describing the
> theory of messaging solutions

Hohpe's book is good.

Does this help? http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-java-messagepatterns/

> but I'm still looking for some real-
> world RabbitMQ implementations.
> Is there a list somewhere of open source projects that use RabbitMQ?

http://delicious.com/alexisrichardson/rabbitmq+code

It's a few months out of date...

There are lots of things out there.  Your best bet is to describe what
you are doing in detail on this list I think...

alexis