[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit crash, new persister

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jun 18 17:01:55 BST 2010

Hi Øyvind,

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 05:41:43PM +0200, Øyvind Tjervaag wrote:
> Having some problems with getting my new persister install stable. Running the new persister branch on Windows (compiled rabbit on OSX). Checked out latest sources maybe a bit over a week ago. When I don't stress rabbit too much it's behaving very well, but if I up my publish rate I can get it to crash after a couple of minutes. Maybe even under a minute.

This looks like a permission error. Is rabbit allowed to delete under
c:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Application Data/RabbitMQ/db/rabbit-mnesia ?
It's trying to delete files in there, but getting eaccess error codes
back which the erlang documentation suggests is "Missing permission for
the file or one of its parents".

> When publishing small messages (maybe a couple of KB's) a couple of times per second, everything is seemingly stable and running for days. It crashes however when the messages comes in at 5 msgs/sec and the message size is around 500KB. Just doing a basic publish followed by a tx.commit for every message. Also I've been trying to figure out how to use the Channelflow in the .Net lib. Right now I don't have any code checking for it, but what exactly do I check for? Will I get it in one of the events?

The client should handle the channel.flow automatically. In the case of
the Java client, it looks like it just blocks the caller until the
server allows the client to send again. I would expect the .Net client
to behave similarly - basically, you shouldn't have to worry about it -
the client takes care of it for you.

Matthew