[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit crash, new persister

Øyvind Tjervaag oyvind at tjervaag.com
Fri Jun 18 16:41:43 BST 2010

Hi!

Having some problems with getting my new persister install stable. Running the new persister branch on Windows (compiled rabbit on OSX). Checked out latest sources maybe a bit over a week ago. When I don't stress rabbit too much it's behaving very well, but if I up my publish rate I can get it to crash after a couple of minutes. Maybe even under a minute.

All my clients are .NET, using version 1.7.2 of the .NET client library and my server is running Erlang dist R13B03.

When publishing small messages (maybe a couple of KB's) a couple of times per second, everything is seemingly stable and running for days. It crashes however when the messages comes in at 5 msgs/sec and the message size is around 500KB. Just doing a basic publish followed by a tx.commit for every message. Also I've been trying to figure out how to use the Channelflow in the .Net lib. Right now I don't have any code checking for it, but what exactly do I check for? Will I get it in one of the events?

I've attached the rabbit.log and rabbit-sasl.log from a crash. Can anyone see what is going wrong? I'm apparently not too good at decoding these error messages, but it seems to be the new persister?

When the crash happens rabbitmqctl list_queues does not list any queues (but is responding). If I do a stop_app and start_app the queues come back up.

Would appreciate any help :)

regards,
Øyvind Tjervaag

PS! Still think RabbitMQ is awesome!