[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq Crash

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 17 14:41:37 BST 2010

Hi Waqas,

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 05:54:23PM +0500, Waqas Badar wrote:
> Our server has 32GB ram. And most of the time 25GB is free. Please note
> that it is occurring on production system. We try to reproduce it on
> different machines but unable to do so. Ubuntu Server 9.04 is installed
> on server. Please note that if we delete mnesia files then we are able
> to start rabbitmq server. We suspect that mnesia files get corrupted due
> to which rabbitmq server does not start. Can you please guide us on
> exactly what log files do you need us to provide you?

Wow, that's a lot of RAM. I assume it's a 64-bit installation and you're
running a 64-bit erlang? You say it crashes sometime after 200k msgs,
but what are the message sizes?

Basically, it looked to me like that log file was documenting Rabbit
failing to start up. I'm also interested in the log entries when it
crashes. So, the next time you get it to crash because it's been sent
200k+ msgs, before restarting it, if you could take a copy of the
rabbit.log and the rabbit-sasl.log, I'd be interested in seeing them.

Matthew