[rabbitmq-discuss] hg version of RabbitMQ does not "make install" at Ubuntu 10.4

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Tue Jun 8 14:08:00 BST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 03:00:34PM +0200, Willi Richert wrote:
> When I do "sudo make install" I get the following error:
>
> mkdir -p
> mkdir: missing operand

Hmm. It's possible the "make install" target is broken - we don't run it
much and it doesn't get a great deal of love and attention from us. It
should first check that certain variables are defined, but it looks like
its prereqs manage to skip over those tests. Sigh. I'll raise a bug to
get it fixed.

Try defining SBIN_DIR, MAN_DIR and TARGET_DIR as variables. If you
really want it installed system wide, something like:

make install SBIN_DIR=/usr/sbin TARGET_DIR=/var/lib/rabbitmq-server MAN_DIR=/usr/local/man

might work.

Matthew