[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq with one producer no consumer

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 19 22:41:17 BST 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 02:14:47PM -0700, Ben Standefer wrote:
> Is the "new persister" a replacement for using Mnesia to make RabbitMQ more
> durable?

Persistence and mnesia have very little to do with each other. Rabbit
has never used mnesia for storing messages. The "new persister" makes
Rabbit vastly more scalable. It does not change any of the guarantees
made about when messages are written to disk.

>  We've had issues moving the Mnesia database between machines,
> requiring us to make questionable binary edits of schema.DAT.

That is indeed questionable. You should ensure that the nodename is the
same on both machines to allow mnesia to startup and load the database.

> One of our
> main frustrations with RabbitMQ is how it handles durability, recovery, and
> failure, so it'd be awesome to see improvement in this area soon.  Thanks!

Can you be more specific as to exactly what issues you have run into and
under what circumstances? That way I can suggest what improvements you
will see for each case with the new persister.

Matthew